STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS Soc2023
Students presenting at the SOC2023 conference are eligible to have their registration waived, thanks to a sponsorship from Louisiana Sea Grant. Applications are due by March 30, 2023.
Scholarships are intended for students who are presenting at the conference. Please apply for a student scholarship AFTER you have submitted a proposal for a talk or poster presentation.
student VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
A select number of students will have the opportunity to earn a SOC2023 registration fee waiver in exchange for up to 6 hours of volunteer service, thanks to a sponsorship from Louisiana Sea Grant. Applications are due by March 30, 2023.
Volunteer tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with conference registration.
- Monitor assigned sessions to alert technical staff if moderators or presenters require assistance.
- Assist SOC team with tasks in the plenary hall and exhibit hall.
A student competition will be offered to undergraduates and graduate students presenting talks or posters at the conference. Conference attendees will help judge the student projects. Cash prizes will be awarded for the following:
- Graduate Student Talks: 1st/2nd/3rd: $500/250/125
- Undergraduate and High School Student Talks: 1st/2nd/3rd: $500/250/125
- Graduate Student Posters: 1st/2nd/3rd: $500/250/125
- Undergraduate & High School Student Posters: 1st/2nd/3rd: $500/250/125
Students will be offered the opportunity to opt into the student competition upon acceptance of their proposals.
Student awards are brought to you by:
Student scholarships and volunteer opportunities
are provided by: